Zero Waste to Landfill Case Study

Case study

Company Issues

Agecko were invited to conduct a site audit and found that they were overrun by their disorganised, problematic waste streams.

This customer designs, engineers and manufactures acoustical and thermal components and systems for the automotive sector.

90% of this waste was; bonded rubber foam and carpet type material. The remaining 10% included general, recyclables, food and hazardous waste.

The above waste streams were all being transported direct to a landfill site which resulted in extremely high transport and disposal costs and extremely low recycling percentages.

Agecko Solution

  • Agecko implemented a new system for foam and carpet waste that eliminated the requirement for various skips and bins on site. This saving over £50,000 on one waste stream alone.
  • This customer used drums for their contaminated solid waste, we were successful in providing an alternative that saved their client £5,000 in the first year alone.
  • Agecko also introduced a waste management system that enabled their customer to segregate their waste at source; resulting in a clear, organised site that achieved great recycling percentages and a yearly income in rebates.
  • Not only, did this clients fresh approach to waste management result in annual cost savings and revenue, it is also an official ‘ZERO WASTE TO LANDFILL‘ site.
  • Key Performance Indicators are provided on a monthly basis to show these achievements in recycling percentages, tonnages, costs and rebates.

What the Client Said

We have developed a great partnership with Agecko UK Ltd over the number of years working together removing automotive production waste on site. They offer a complete waste disposal solution, from collection through to disposal. The area is always left clean and tidy after Agecko services . Excellent communication, professional, flexible and reliable service.