Recycling System Case StudyCase study
This E-Commerce business provide lifestyle products across several sports industries.
Sustainability is at the heart of everything they do, in 2018 their outbound packaging was 95% plastic free and they have continued to reduce further in 2019.
They have a whole systems approach to ‘Zero Plastic Pollution Strategy’.
Agecko were invited to complete a waste audit to see if any further improvements could be made to their waste management systems.
- Agecko found a solution reduce this client’s general waste volume by 30% including the provision of colour coded bins; thus dramatically improving their recycling percentages and reducing costs.
- An innovative solution was successfully implemented to segregate wax coated paper from general waste, which resulted in this waste being REUSED, rather than LANDFILLED.
- Agecko implemented a new recycling system that ensured this site was always clear and organised and since November 2018 this client has received over £8,600 in rebate.
- A new system was introduced to guarantee that all metal waste was captured, including the unusual metals; which ensured a revenue was received.
- Monthly KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reports are provided to show each waste streams costs, rebates and recycling percentages.
- This client is a forward thinking, dynamic company. Agecko are proud to be working in partnership to achieve; ZERO WASTE TO LANDFILL and to continuously improve recycling/waste initiatives.
What the Client Said
Sustainability is hugely important to our business and we have a clear drive to eliminate plastic pollution, we needed a recycling partner that could meet us on this journey. Agecko quickly understood our direction and worked closely with us to help us achieve our goals, tailoring their service around our requirements. All with responsive, fantastic service and a positive approach – Agecko have already exceeded our plans and accelerated us further, we couldn’t be happier with the relationship.