A Fresh Approach to Waste Management Case StudyCase study
This company is a specialist manufacturer of cavity fire barriers and cavity closers. This independent family owned business was established in 2008 and has continued to innovate the industry with the range of products they manufacture.
Agecko were invited to complete a waste audit as they were having ongoing issues with their previous contractors. Agecko found there were some areas which could be improved, the main waste streams being; general, cardboard, metal waste and the supply and recycling of pallets.
- Agecko introduced a waste management system that enabled them to more easily segregate recyclables from their general waste, therefore achieving better recycling percentages and a regular revenue stream. In 2019 alone they received over £1,800 in rebate, rather than disposal costs.
- A new system was put in place to effectively capture all the metal waste, ensuring the site was clear from scrap; tidying up the process and resulting in a revenue for our customer.
- A new system was put in place to ensure their volumes of non-recyclable general waste was dealt with an effective and cost-efficient manner using space-sensitive equipment supplied by Agecko, which minimised transport costs.
- Agecko implemented a sustainable solution for the supply and recycling of pallets that has reduced vehicle movements and made their site clear and organised. The rebate value of the recycled pallets this year has exceeded £3,000.
- Not only did this fresh approach to waste management result in annual cost savings and revenue, it is now an official ‘zero waste to landfill’ site.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Reports are provided on a monthly basis to show the recycling percentages, tonnages, costs and rebates.
What the Client Said
We have been working with Agecko since February 2019 and they have provided us, not only with great customer service, but competitive and cost-effective pricing. The team work hard to ensure our needs are met consistently and never stop trying to help. While being proactive working to save our company money, they have improved our waste management, streamlining our disposal routes by shortening supply chains and improving our returns. Agecko has supported and encouraged us into achieving our ‘Zero Waste to Landfill’ status. They have advised us on waste segregation and how to improve recycling and rebate opportunities. They are very proactive on disposal of specific waste streams, as to taking samples and trying to find the best way to dispose of it… not only bin it!Their service and communication are excellent, very quick and responsive to our specific needs. They also offer competitive rates.